Friday, January 1, 2010

How to Ascertain the Will of God Pt. 2

Sorry! I have been on vacation these past few days and have had no computer access at all, which is the reason why I have not been posting. Anyways, Happy New Year!!!! I will begin the new year off on a fresh start by completing George Mueller's quote that I began last time on how to ascertain the will of God. Pt. 1 was the first step in a series of six steps on how to ascertain the Will of God. I will quote the final five steps here:

"2. - Having done this, I do not leave the result to feeling or simple impression. If so, I make myself liable to great delusions.

3. - I seek the Will of the Spirit of God through, or in connection with, the Word of God. The Spirit and the Word must be combined. If I look to the Spirit alone without the Word, I lay myself open to great delusions also. If the Holy Ghost guides us at all, He will do it according to the Scriptures and never contrary to them.

4. - Next I take into account providential circumstances. These often plainly indicate God's Will in connection with His Word and Spirit.

5. - I ask God in prayer to reveal His Will to me aright.

6. - Thus, through prayer to God, the study of the Word, and reflection, I come to a deliberate judgment according to the best of my ability and knowledge, and if my mind is thus at peace, and continues so after two or three more petitions, I proceed accordingly. In trivial matters, and in transactions involving most important issues, I have found this method always effective."

- George Mueller, Answers to Prayer (Chicago, Ill.; Moody Publishers, 2007), 11-12.

You need to refer back to Part 1 to get the full taste of what George Mueller is saying here. However, I found it really helpful and I pray that you found these quotes helpful as well on how to determine God's Will for a certain aspect of your life.

Soli Deo Gloria!!!~

No comments: